Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup is Back!
Date: Oct, 08, 2019 12:00 PM EDT
The Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup seeks to inspire young Canadians to do good by transforming the positive values learned through hockey into Good Deeds within their communities. Along with our partners at Hockey Canada, Chevrolet’s goal is to develop hockey players on and off the ice.
To participate in the Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup, you must be a Hockey Canada registered Peewee team that is ready to do good in their community.
Entering is simple:
- Get your Peewee team together and decide on a Good Deed.
- Good Deed Examples:
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or food bank
- Spend time as a team at a retirement home
- Clean up waste around your community
- Be creative! Find a Good Deed that is relevant to your community
- Good Deed Examples:
- Reach out to your local Chevrolet Dealer for help.
- Organize a day to go and do your Good Deed. Don’t forget your camera, as you will need to film the team.
- Create a 1 min long video to showcase the good the team has done.
- Submit your Good Deed video. Submissions open Nov 2nd 2019.
Hockey Canada and Chevrolet, along with the Chevrolet Hockey Ambassadors, review each entry to determine the Regional Finalists. Canadians then get their chance to vote for the top three, before an expert panel will decide who deserves to be crowned champion.
Submit your Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup video today for the chance to receive a $100,000 donation to charity of your choice, Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup giveaways and much more!
Good Luck Peewees!
Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup FAQs
1) What is the Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup?
a. The Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup is the first hockey trophy awarded to a Peewee team that has the best season off the ice. The Peewee team who makes the biggest impact in their community will be named the 2020 Good Deeds Champion.
2) Who is eligible to win the Good Deeds Cup?
a. Any Canadian Peewee hockey team that is registered under Hockey Canada.
3) What counts as a Good Deed?
a. Any group act of good that your team performs in your community counts as a Good Deed. We recommend you hold a team meeting so you can pinpoint a few ways you can make a difference in your community.
4) What is a Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup Team Kit?
a. The Team Kit contains items meant to inspire Good Deeds and help you throughout the Good Deeds Season. Please visit ChevroletGoodDeedsCup.ca for more details.
5) Where can I apply for a Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup Team Kit?
a. You can visit ChevroletGoodDeedsCup.ca to apply. Only registered Hockey Canada head coaches are eligible to receive a Team Kit.
6) How do I submit my team’s Good Deed? Submitting a Good Deed is easy. Just follow these
1. Choose your Good Deed.
2. Reach out to your local Chevrolet Dealer to see how they can help.
3. As you and your team are giving back to your community, make sure to document it.
Take videos and photos of your efforts.
4. Edit a one-minute video.
5. Upload your video to YouTube and Chevroletgooddeedscup.ca website by January 13th,
7) How many Good Deeds does my team need to do?
a. To compete for the Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup, Peewee teams must perform at least one Good Deed in their community. Feel free to complete more than one Good Deed. The more impact you create in your community, the better. There is no limit to how much good you can do.
8) When is the last day my team can submit a video?
a. All Good Deeds must be submitted to YouTube and Chevroletgooddeedscup.ca by January 13th, 2020.
9) How are the Good Deeds Cup Champions determined?
a. A panel made up of Chevrolet, Hockey Canada, along with our Chevrolet Hockey Ambassadors will review each entry to determine the 11 regional finalists. Then, over a two-week period, Canadians will weigh in to help us narrow it down to three finalists. Lastly, our panel will reconvene to determine the 2020 Good Deeds Cup Champions.
10) What do the Champions receive?
a. The prizing for the Good Deeds Cup Champions includes $100,000 to the charity of the team’s choice, Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup giveaways, and much more.
The Semi-Finalists and Finalists will receive prizing as well. See the Rules & Regulations at ChevroletGoodDeedsCup.ca for more information.
If you have other questions, please email us at ChevroletGDC@momentumww.com