Certification Level III
To prepare officials capable of refereeing Minor Hockey Playoffs, Minor Hockey Regional Playoffs and Female National Championships, or being linesmen in Junior B, C, D, Senior and Bantam or Midget Regional Championships
- Must be fully certified at Level II and referee one year at that Level
- Must attend and participate in all sessions at a Level III clinic
- Must obtain a minimum of 80% on a written national examination, to be marked and returned prior to the completion of the clinic
- Must be judged capable of refereeing in Minor Hockey Playoffs
- Must pass a practical, on-ice evaluation, performed by a qualified Branch Hockey Canada Officiating Program Supervisor
Minimum of eight (8) hours of instruction
An official at Level III will have a thorough knowledge of the playing rules and the role of an official. Similar delivery options as in Level II although the Level III is usually presented in one day.
Upon successful completion of Level III (clinic, examination and on-ice evaluation), the official should receive a Level III sticker and certification card
There are over 5,000 Level III officials registered annually.