Development 1 Policy
All Head Coaches, that coach teams in Peewee or above teams at competitive levels, as determined by the Branch, must be Development 1 “Certified” (other than those requiring High Performance 1). It is recommended that all assistant coaches have Development 1 ‘”Trained” status. This would take effect in the 2015 / 16 season.Work with provincial and regional teams, i.e. Peewee rep
The NCCP Development 1 course is a two day clinic where coaches attend 13 hours of classroom and 3 hours of on-ice instruction and/or observation. The Development 1 course will provide a foundation for coaches coaching in the competitive streams in the following areas:
- Drill Progressions and regressions
- Skills analysis
- Seasonal planning
- Linking individual skills and tactics
- Team building and team tactics
Upon successful attendance and completion of all pre-clinic and in-clinic tasks, the coach participant is deemed to hold Development 1 ‘Trained’ status.The requirements to become Development 1 ‘Certified’ are successful completion of the following tasks:
- MED Competition Introduction - Online evaluation
- Written Assignment – NCCP Development 1 Coach Evaluation Criteria (D1 POST-TASK WORKBOOK), including the Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Field Evaluation – Practice
All D1 Clinics and Field Evaluations are completed through the Member.
Who Should Attend?
Please check with your Member or refer to their Certification Requirements chart to see what coaching clinic is right for you.
For a list of clinics within our Branch, please click here