About the Program
The Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) Scholarship was introduced in 1997 to recognize and reward dedication in education and hockey. The program provides financial assistance to registered OHF participants to offset the cost of post-secondary education. Since its inception, the OHF has distributed more than $450,000 to over 400 post-secondary students.
The scholarships are awarded to outstanding young people who display commitment at the arena and in the classroom. The recipients are determined on the basis of academic achievements, hockey and community involvement.
2023 OHF Scholarship Recipients
Thank you to all who applied for the OHF Scholarship and congratulations to those selected:
Abbigail Aikman, OWHA
Abby Horton, OWHA
Adrianne Alexander, OWHA
Alex Rebane, OMHA
Alexandre Dubuc, NOHA
Alyssa Desmoulin-Luce, NOHA
Ava Bellefeuille, OWHA
Christopher Lamont, Alliance
Cooper Lloyd, OMHA
Garrett Sharpe, OMHA
Haley Patry, OMHA
Hannah Irvine, OMHA
Harper Leslie, OWHA
Jace McGrail, Alliance
Jagger Sheridan, OMHA
Jenn Sharpe, OWHA
Kalynn Baker, Alliance
Lacey Pilon, NOHA, OWHA
Leah Jayne Bell, OWHA
Mackenzie Johnson**, OWHA
Nickolas Wright, OMHA
Nolan Muller, OMHA
Owen Nichol, OMHA
Quinn Hammond, OWHA
Samuel Rudner, NOHA
Sophie Helfenstein, OWHA
**Mackenzie Johnson is recognized as this year’s top applicant.
OHF Scholarship Eligibility & Application Requirements
To be eligible to receive a scholarship, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered with the OHF during the application season;
- Be registered for three (3) of the previous four (4) years within the OHF in any capacity; (player, trainer, coach, official) (2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23)
- Be a registrant in good standing with the OHF; and
- Enrolling in post-secondary full-time studies in Canada for the first time.
Participants (players and officials) within each of the OHF Members (ALLIANCE, GTHL, NOHA, OHA, OHL, OMHA, OWHA) are eligible to receive an OHF scholarship. This includes participants (players and officials) within an OWHA program operating anywhere in the province of Ontario.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on their personal letter, reference letters, and transcripts (scoring weighted equally).
- The number of scholarship recipients and the amount awarded to each will be determined by the OHF Scholarship Committee
- Where financial assistance is needed, consideration will be given
OHF Scholarship Application Form
- A letter from the candidate (maximum 500 words, single-spaced) outlining their contributions to hockey within the Ontario Hockey Federation, what the game of hockey has meant to them, and other information such as volunteer or community involvement
- One (1) letter of reference from current school on official letterhead (non-relative)
- One (1) letter of reference from a hockey-related organization on official letterhead (non-relative)
- A complete copy of an Official School Transcript is mandatory
- A copy of the candidate's mid-term marks summary
*We understand the challenges that may occur with acquiring transcripts from schools. Please have your guidance counselor email any transcripts to email@example.com and include in the subject line of the email your full name.